2 copies, 3 pages each
Subject: Case Preparation Assignment: Ideal Electronics Corporation
the class will be discussing “Ideal Electronics Corporation,” which begins o/a page 67 of your Curriculum Packet. It is quite possible that the material that we develop as a group will become the basis for our final write-up, which will be held in class on December 6th.
In order to insure that all students are prepared, and that our discussions are vigorous, I am assigning some written preparation for you to bring to class. This will be collected on day one of our discussion days, and will be graded. Please prepare typewritten answers to the following questions.
Questions to answer:
1. Summarize the facts in this case in five sentences.
2. As Alan Carter, what are the major issues facing you as you meet with George Morrison on the morning of February 24th?
3. What is George Morrison’s relationship to Alan Carter, from a political perspective? How much credence should Carter give to Morrison’s counsel.
4. What are Carter’s alternative courses of action, and which is the most appealing?
5. How are you going to handle the rest of the meeting?
Please be sure that your answers are justified by solid consideration of the case material. Please do not wander outside of the material, nor assume facts not included. Outlining your answers on a single sheet of paper is perfectly acceptable. Brevity, as always, is encouraged but not at the expense of thoroughness. I am available by email if you find yourself ‘stuck’ on any of these issues. As usual in case discussions, there are no ‘right’ answers or ‘wrong’ ones. What matters here is YOUR answer, and the consequences we’d face if that answer became a decision.
As always, you may study collaboratively with your classmates, but your written submission must be your work alone.
It is necessary for you to bring your CoursePack, notes, and a calculator to these discussions. I will be grading your participation in class.
The post Case Preparation Assignment: Ideal Electronics Corporation, 3 pages appeared first on .