Read the assignment information below completely.
WingSonghas hired you as computing consultant. Your job is to create a Windows infrastructure proposal. WingSong produces Wind turbines.Your proposal needs to meet the following criteria.
- The company will have 3 locations (New York, Chicago, and Washington) but are planning to grow rapidly due to high demand in Wind turbines. Main staff will be at Boise and Washington offices.
- Data security is priority.
- The Chicago site needsa secure remote access to Washington office.
- The WAN connectivity is in place and it is not an issue. There is ample bandwidth in place.
- Feel free to make other assumptions but they need to be noted in the paper.
- Will this be an expensive task?
Topics to Cover:
Your document should cover the content presented in the course. The outline below contains recommended points to cover. You are free to add other related information.
Describe the technical and business reasons for each choice, citing other resources as appropriate. The Windows Server 2012 operating system should be used for all aspects of the solution.
The topics include:
- What forest/domain model should WingSong implement? What is the domain name?
- Where should the domain controllers be place? Should RODC be part of the consideration?
- FSMO Roles placement
- Plan for AD backup and recovery
- What type of authentication method will be for WingSong? (For example pins, token, and etc)
- Is Group Policy needed?
- What settings might be considered via Group Policy?
- What are some advance audit policies that can be used?
- What will be the fully qualified domain name?
- What namespace should WingSong implement?
- What types of zones needed?
- How will the shares be secured? ( What kind of methods?)
- Will quotas be used? FSRM be configured?
- Will DFS be implemented?
- What technology will be implemented to provide secure remote access for users?
- Who should have remote access?
- If you use a VPN connection which type will you use?
- How will the servers and clients be updated?
- How will new servers be deployed?
There are specific requirements for the assignment: The final submission should contain at least 6 pages’ worth of text written by the student (not counting title page, images, diagrams, tables, or quotations), but may be longer, not to exceed approximately 10 pages’ worth of student-supplied text. (With the required diagram, and other images, title page, etc., the final submission may end up being more than 10 pages in length.) It must be double-spaced, have 1-inch margins, and use 12-point Times New Roman or 10-point Arial/Helvetica font. A title page is required; APA format for the title page is optional.
- At least one original diagram must be included (not counted towards the minimum length described above). You can have more.
- Ensure that your paper how no extra white space between paragraphs.
- The submission must cover all of the 6 major topics outlined above. Each choice should be explained with technical and business reasoning. The solution should be reasonably detailed.
- The structure of the final submission is flexible. There is no specific format required, although it should be organized logically and represent a single, unified solution. It is likely that the format will include separate sections for each of the 6 topics required, as well as a summary.
- At least one non-textbook, non-LabSim, non-Wikipedia reference is required; preferably, this would be a “best practice” guide or similar content from Microsoft or an experienced provider of Microsoft solutions. A minimum of 4 references.
- Be sure to properly quote or cite any sources used. APA format is required for in-text citations and the list of works cited at the end. It is expected that you are already familiar with UMUC’s “Policy on Academic Dishonesty and Plagiarism.” It is available in the Academic Policies section of the Syllabus; there are also links in the Webliography. In its simplest form, if you are using text from a source, you must cite and/or quote it. If plagiarism is found, then there will be a penalty to the grade.
ORDER UNIQUE PAPER NOW