CONSTRUCTION/CIVIL ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY DEPARTMENT
CMCE 1114 Building Construction I
Building Code Report Layout
– Include a cover page of the book report to include your name, course code,
– and due date of Tuesday, December 18th, 2018.
– Minimum of five (5) pages for report (not including the cover page). Text
Font style height of 14, with 1.5 line spacing between sentences.
– Read carefully the following ten (10) topics you are going to write about.
Think about the topics and debates you enjoyed the most when reading
through the various segments of the building code.
– Outline your report, start with an introductory paragraph, your report of the
ten (10) topics and a final paragraph.
– Write an analysis of the code instead of just repeating what you read. Go
beyond the obvious and show your understanding of what the code is
providing with a critique.
– Edit and Proofread your report.
– Cite your resources. Ethical writing is your key to success. Plagiarism and
inappropriate paraphrasing is unacceptable as well as illegal.